Pillar 2 - Process
Business Practices You Will Learn and Implement
- Start by prioritizing your processes, to know in what order to address them. Which have the greatest impact or involve the most people? Where are breakdowns occurring?
- Make a visual map with swimlanes to summarize the primary process steps, decision points and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Further define the steps using SOPs. Gather your teams to drill down into all the required steps to get the job done right.
- Train your staff in the SOP for consistency and repeatability and cross-train others as backups.
- Analyze the processes on at least a semiannual basis, to find ways to improve them.
- Have the SOPs widely and easily accessible to all employees. You could post on the intranet or on a shared drive.